AboutWho We Are
A group of multi-disciplinary professionals, who perceived the global reaction to Covid, and lockdown in particular, as overwrought and damaging to the point of causing a great tear in the fabric of society, established PANDA (Pandemics Data & Analytics) in April 2020. As a politically and economically independent organisation, PANDA seeks to develop science-based explanations and test them against international data. Policy recommendations for governments and other institutions can be developed from these. PANDA stands for open science and rational debate, for replacing flawed science with good science and for retrieving liberty and prosperity from the clutches of a dystopian “new normal”.
Consisting of writers, actuaries, leading scientists from diverse fields, data analysts, medical professionals and economists. It was established to analyse problems holistically.
An initiative to grow an international network of medical doctor groups, legal professionals and grassroots organisations who speak out against the harmful prevailing narrative around Covid. This network reflects our core belief in decentralised problem-solving in the face of complexity.
Our mission is simple: the science is clear on what key policy responses should be. Fuelling fear and removing agency from people’s lives across the world is not sound public health policy.
It is critically important that societies be reopened and those vulnerable to serious illness from SARS-CoV-2 be protected in a sensible, dignified manner. Human agency must be upheld and individuals should be informed about risks and mitigation so that they can make personal choices. Our multidisciplinary team has developed a framework for helping communities do just that. PANDA’s Protocol for Reopening Society builds upon the widely supported Great Barrington Declaration and pre-Covid pandemic guidelines to provide a roadmap out of the damaging cycle of lockdowns and other coercive policies.
PANDA’S MISSION STATEMENT
PANDA aims to promote open science, human agency, and courageous societies
We aim to empower the public with accurate information thereby enabling individuals to exercise freedom of choice and preserve human liberties and free societies
- To be a resource organisation for public and private stakeholders, providing live data analytics and a repository of scientific and economic analysis
- To make recommendations to governments for more sound public policy
- To facilitate better local problem solving with strategic analysis and insight
- To write factual and balanced papers, articles and social media content to inform the public and promote and facilitate greater human and organisational agency
- To support legal suits worldwide to restore human rights and freedoms by sharing strategies and connecting lawyers with expert witnesses